Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Missing U-----kraine

It's been almost two weeks since we've come back aand I miss it so much. Being there was awesome because there weren't any distractions but we just had one thing in mind: UKRAINE. Not to say I didn't think about home at all, but suprisingly I wasn't homesick at all. But now that we're back, I miss everything about being in Ukraine. The bonds we built with people but mostly each other in the team are things that aren't just temporary. We've become such good friends and we can talk to each other about so much, practically everything; we're like our own little family now =) I'm so glad that our team was made up of a bunch of "random" people where no one was really close with anyone else but it made us have to talk to new people, which is a good thing. Since we didn't really see anyone in Ukraine more than twice other than our translators, most of the time was just spent together with the team. Even though we still see each other in school, it's not the same as spending every waking hour together. And you'd think we'd get sick of each other after two weeks together, and some people did start getting irritated, but personally for me the time together made me appreciate everyone and just want to hang out with them more. One of the things I miss most about being in Ukraine is talking to people in the room till it gets late at night because at home I don't really have siblings or anyone to talk to. I'm so glad I participated on this outreach trip because I've learnt a lot from it. I know it should be like we're going there to teach and help other people but I think I've learned a lot and gained a lot. A big thing I learnt from being in Ukraine and with my team is that I can't judge others. That's something I "knew" but it was something I really experienced.

Talk about some stuff we did there later!

No comments:

Post a Comment